When humans revolted against Him (Gen. 3), we severed our relationship with God the Father, and the curses of death and sin took hold. When Jesus died on the cross for our sins, He shattered both of their powers, and "since we have been linked with Him in His death" by faith, "we shall likewise be resurrected to life as He was" (Rom. 6:5).
The Bible is clear that death will not keep us from God. We have only to believe in Jesus Christ and we will be saved from the curse of death.
See also Ephesians 1:18-21; Romans 8:38-39; 2 Timothy 1:10.
1. Romans 6:4. We were buried with him in baptism into death, so that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we might also live in newness of life.
2. 1 Corinthians 15:35-38. Death came through a man, but resurrection lives through God. The body is like an animal, useful for a time and then thrown away. But it is Jesus who brings new life, life that lasts forever.
3. John 5:28-29. In his flesh he died, yet in his spirit he lives on. You therefore keep watching out for my physical appearance, because you are aware of the short nature of life. But I want you to know that this death has been transformed by what Jesus did for me. What he did breaks the power of death over my life.
4. Isaiah 26:14. He will not grow old nor wear out. Like a cloak they will be changed but he himself will not be altered.
5. Ezekiel 37:3-5. I will put my Spirit within you and cause you to follow my statutes, and you will be careful to observe them. Then when I remove my hand, you will be your own person again, and you will not need me.
8-11: "The death he died, he died to sin once and for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God. In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. "
12: "Therefore, get rid of anything that has the potential to distract you from what matters most—such as lustful thoughts, anger, greed, resentment, lies, dishonesty, or illicit relationships. An idol is a god who cannot protect you from feeling pain, suffering, or losing loved ones. Jesus is always ready to help, but you have to be open to him. He wants to give you hope through his resurrection, but you must keep seeking him throughout your day-to-day life.
Heaven's Gate Christian Church is a non-denominational church in Center City Philadelphia. We are a family church that loves the Lord, one another, and those in need around us. We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God who died on the cross for our sins and was resurrected three days later. We offer classes, activities, and events designed to encourage growth in faith and knowledge of God's word.
Adam's sin resulted in death; Jesus' righteousness results in resurrection from the grave (see 1 Corinthians 15:21). Jesus went before us, and the promise for Christians is that, just as death was not the end for Jesus, it will not be the end for us also. Jesus' victory over death is our victory over death.
When Jesus returned to the tomb where he had been buried, he was able to leave because of the work of his Spirit within him. Since we have been saved by grace through faith, we can rest assured that when we die we will be with Him in heaven. We will be raised like him to live forever with God.
Death is a part of life. It is impossible to escape it. But Jesus came to save us from the curse of the law that brings death. With him, we can face death with confidence and honor because we know that one day we will be with Him in paradise.
Death, however, reigned from Adam until Moses, even over individuals who did not sin in the same way that Adam did. He is a type of the One who is to come. Sin will not be your master because you are not under the law but under grace. Because the price of sin is death, but God's gift is everlasting life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Death will be no more, nor sin any more when Jesus comes again.
The Bible says that sin has brought death into the world, and that without the sacrifice of Jesus nobody would ever die. Death will be no more when Jesus returns! We will all live with Him forever.
Jesus said, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me, though he may die, shall live. Everyone who lives and believes in me will never die." (John 11:25-26)
People often say that they're not going to hell because they've been saved by Jesus so why worry about what happens after we die? The Bible makes it clear that death will be no more once we join Jesus in heaven so there's no reason to fear it now. When Jesus returns we will all live with Him forever.
Hell exists only in people's minds. It is a place where people think you go if you don't accept Jesus as your Savior. But this isn't true; the Bible says that everyone who believes in Jesus will never die (see John 11:26).